Welcome to the Millennial Homemakers! On this episode, we chat with Myquillyn Smith (AKA The Nester) about her newest book - Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff.
For the last ten years, Myquillyn Smith, known online as The Nester, has encouraged women to embrace their homes –imperfections and all. With her signature tagline, it doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful, Myquillyn has empowered fans to see their home’s hidden potential and create beautiful, functional spaces they love.
Myquillyn is a self-taught, design school dropout who took a week-long course so she could be a certified home stager and redesigner. She and her family have lived in 13 different houses, apartments and condos and spent plenty of time getting real world design experience. Millions of women have been inspired by Myquillyn’s blog, The Nesting Place and her home has been featured in Better Homes & Gardens, Ladies’ Home Journal, Cottages and Bungalows and the Charlotte Observer. Christianity Today named her one of 20 Creative Innovators of 2016. Her first book, The Nesting Place: It Doesn’t Have to Be Perfect to Be Beautiful, released in 2014.
If you like the Millennial Homemakers Podcast, please rate and review us on iTunes - it helps us grow!
- What is a cozy minimalist?
- How Myquillyn got interested in home decor
- How hygge and wabi sabi work together
- How to stop being a “Stuff Manager” and start being a “Home Curator”
The Cozy Home Tour
Jaclyn and Jackie will be in Atlanta, GA on November 2 for Myquillyn’s Cozy Home Tour.
Want to check out the tour?
Connect with Myquillyn:
- The Nesting Place
- Myquillyn on Instagram - @thenester
- Myquillyn on Pinterest - https://www.pinterest.com/nesters/
Connect with Us:
- The Millennial Homemakers Podcast on Instagram - @themillennialhomemakers
- Join the Millennial Homemakers community on Facebook!
- Jackie on Instagram - @jvalexander16
- Jaclyn on Instagram - @jaclynhumble
- Shop Jaclyn’s jewelry line - Frazier Lynn